Stromboli Cinema Museum
From 01/06/2018 to 31/12/2019, Isola di Stromboli
Stromboli Cinema Museum is a project designed to recover the Aeolian islands’ seen and unseen audio-visual heritage. It is currently collecting films from 1930 to 1985 from Istituto Luce, Panaria Films and Teche Rai. The museum has been publishing archives, restoring home films, setting up exhibitions, organising workshops and producing documentaries on the Aeolian islands’ past and present since 2009.
In the European Year of Cultural Heritage the Stromboli Cinema Museum is offering the following activities:
- the return of audio-visual heritage from abroad with the acquisition of films from Paris’s Gaumont Pathé archive which conserve the oldest images filmed on the Aeolian islands;
- setting up the Ingenieur Général Harbleicher exhibition relating to a French military cargo vessel which shipwrecked at Ginostra (Stromboli) in 1945, of which the museum has previously unseen photos and ship diaries and whose story is part of the island’s immaterial history;
- organisation of a summer revue and workshops for the island’s children;
- consolidation of the museum’s public consultation point at Stromboli library;
- re-organisation of the https://www.museodistromboli.com/ website.